In 1994, GE delivered the first AC4400CW locomotive, their answer to EMD's successful SD70MAC. Like its sister locomotive, the GE C44-9W, the AC4400CW is a 4400 horsepower freight diesel locomotive, with more than 2,500 units being produced for use in North America over the course of its 10 year production cycle. The power and reliability of its AC traction motors ensured that the AC4400CW enjoyed great popularity among the class 1 railroads, finding use all across North America, from east to west, and from Canada all the way to Mexico.
The HO AC4400CW locomotive is designed to be "Sound Friendly". The design allows for the easy installation of a 1.1" (28mm) diameter speaker in the fuel tank, allowing simple installation of DCC sound decoders. Furthermore, Cab type, Inverter Cabinet, Number Board type and location, and Fuel Tank are correct for each roadname.
- Great for pulling our Gunderson MAXI-IV double stack well cars.
- Locomotives feature directional Golden White LED headlights and illuminated preprinted numberboards.
- Lighted ditch lights in the prototypical position.
- Sound friendly construction with a speaker housing in the fuel tank.
- Powerful five pole motor with brass flywheels and all-wheel electrical pickup.
- Blackened scale metal wheels mounted on a prototypical GE Hi-Ad trucks.
- Comes with a number of consumer applied detail parts such as individually molded windshield wipers, MU hoses, and grab irons.
- Handrails will be made from a special polyacetal resin material that prevents warping while giving them both strength and flexibility.
Maßstabs- und originalgetreues Kleinmodell für erwachsene Sammler.
Nicht geeignet für Kinder unter 14 Jahren.